What thisip.fyi is...
- thisip.fyi is an IP address lookup service.
- thisip.fyi does not log or track anything.
- thisip.fyi does not generate revenue.
- thisip.fyi will support SSL (and be open sourced) in the near future.
What thisip.fyi does...
- Simply visit the site to find out what your IP Address is right now.
- Alternatively, you can append an IPv4 address to find out the IP Address's details without having to browse from that IP directly. For example: http://thisip.fyi/184.108.40.206
- Using curl receives only the IP address.
- Using any other browser will receive neatly formatted information.
- Tells you if you're using an Onion Router.
- Tells you where MaxMind's public database thinks your IP Address is located (geoip and AS number) and provides simple links to OpenStreeMap and Google Maps pages using that information.
- Displays your User-Agent string.
What thisip.fyi does not...
- thisip.fyi does not serve ads and never will.
- thisip.fyi does not tie into any social networks, have any social network "badging", "taging", "tracking" or any other variation thereof.
- thisip.fyi does not make any requests to 3rd party sites with the singular exception of a background task which at non-regular intervals updates a local cache of the exit-addresses for the Onion Router lookups (the MaxMind database is updated manually by the developer of this site).
- thisip.fyi does not warranty or provide any guarantee of metadata validity. HTTP headers can be forged, MaxMind's data may be incorrect (not their fault) or the Onion Router cache could invalid.
- GeoIP data is provided by MaxMind via the geoip-database and geoip-database-extra debian packages (data files are embedded within the site).
- Onion Router discovery is provided by the TOR Project's exit-addresses file and is updated on an hourly basis.